Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Project 365 - All about Pennies (February 7, 2012)

I am not the biggest fan when it comes to carrying cash, well ever since I have discovered the more amazing things in the world: Credit & Debit Cards.  Now do not wander off thinking, oh she is that sort of girl! (see I got cha!)  As much as I love shopping, I am not about huge credit card bills that daddy will pay off, a girl has got to know her limits!

Anywho, I realized I would have lots of change left over and I would hate carrying all that in my wallet.  To solve the problem, I went and bought this plastic cookie jar and punched a hole in it; for the change to live in.  I started putting the coins in every time I had some extra change and gradually built a decent amount of coins.

One day, out of boredom I decided to count the coins and I believed it came out to $15 altogether.  After a while, I noticed that my sister actually used the coins as conveniently needed.  Every time she was in need of her bus fair, she would just dig right in and take the coins as pleased.  I came to know about this, when one day I needed to dish for some quarters; and to my surprise, there were no quarters left in the coins.

Upon asking my sister, she casually mentioned "oh I thought you didn't need the coins anymore so I used them up for my bus fair everyday."  I was furious and asked her to stay away from my coin jar; but just like all of my other threats, this one went to a waste as well.  First the quarters disappeared, then the dimes, then nickles and now all that is left are Pennies!

I have stopped adding on to the coins, unless they are pennies.  I use the jar to leave my bedroom door a little open for the hallway light to enter in (Why? Because I am claustrophobic, but this topic is left to be discussed for another day).

The best part comes in when my sister bumps into the Jar every morning; call me evil or whatever, but it somehow gives me a little relief each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment