Sunday, August 5, 2012

Chicken Barley Soup (Inspired by Sister Amena from Pearl Daisy)

As I opened my YouTube app to see the new releases of videos, my face lit up with joy as the cooking video by sister Amena popped up in the list of new videos added. Honestly, it is simply awesome to watch her videos; regardless of the topic they portray.  I could just sit the whole day and watch her videos nonstop and no, this is no exaggeration!

Anywho (one of the words I picked up from her videos), the cooking video was about making barley soup.  The amazing thing is just a month back I was researching on the foods Prophet PBUH used to love and came across barley as one of his favorite foods.  Ever since then, I somehow wanted to incorporate barley into the foods I consume.  Sister Amena's video came just in time.

Although I have added my own touch to the recipe and Alhumdulillah did manage to complete the Sunnah.  All thanks to sister Amena for the amazing recipe and also my family for the immense support of bearing through my cooking experiments.

I have discovered my love for Barley and inshAllah will be able to incorporate it into my daily meals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment