Thursday, February 2, 2012

Project 365 - Can Water Kill You? (January 31, 2012)

I remember I used to stress water a lot back in the day.  There were days when I would drink 12-14 glasses of water, just because I had heard that water is supposed to be really good for your body.  Rambling through random videos on YouTube, I came across this story where a girl had died because of drinking too much water.

I was shocked and scared at the same time.  Of-course, the girl probably drank it way more than my daily consumption; nonetheless, I was scared.  Later, upon researching the issue a bit more I learned that our bodies need electrolytes in an efficient manner to handle our water consumption.  Although I had discovered the reason of the poor girl's fatal death, I made sure every now and then I do intake electrolytes.

Hence, the Gatorade bottle - It also reminds me of the story every time I see these energy drinks in the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment