Friday, March 9, 2012

Project 365 - Post Office (March 6, 2012)

Post office is one of the places I really dread going to.  The customer service is super rude, the people are unhappy with the long lines.  The place is always understaffed, when clearly there are three other empty windows.  Also, it is such a small area that the line sometimes goes outside on the street.

So it was my time to be at the post office.  Everytime I have to go there, I always get a little afraid; thinking what sort of incident is going to happen today.  Today, ofcourse was no exception.  The line was the longest and there were only two staff people there; both happened to be very rude.  I actually had to stand in line twice because of not having the right certified mail receipt.  All the lady had to do was pick up another slip, which was right next to her, and write the zip code on it.  But why must they even make this little effort to make the customers happy?  Instead, she asked me to walk across the room; pick up the slip and stand back in the line.

Just after me was another person who faced the same problem; but unlike me, she was very outspoken about it.  She stood there demanding to be helped and not wanting to get back in line.  Well, what happens?  Just to get her to be quiet from screaming out all the curse words; they just do as she asks.  Yes, I was a little disappointed; but then, I know I would never have the courage to say even a word to them.  So, in the end, I quietly got my work done; with a bit of delay I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment